Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog...

Recently I have been considering the idea of branching out in the blog-sphere and writing another blog.  Do not be alarmed my few and faithful followers, I will continue to spout my mind's junk onto this blog, but recently a lot of junk has been building up in one specific category and I need an outlet.  The category is this: Jane Austen.

I realize that as a female English major, loving Austen is somewhat cliche, but I confess that I do love her wit.  But what kind of fascinates me is the cult of Austen that sprang up in the 1990s and continues today.  There are countless spin offs and published (and not published... thank you Denise, my eyes still burn) fan-fics as well as movies.  Not to mention the blogs!  So hear is the question, should I add my voice to the multitude out there already spouting their love of all things Austen or should I simply make them a recurring segment on this blog?

Please report back.  And to entertain you... from Kate Beacon's Hark, A Vagrant, I present Jane Austen!

Hark a Vagrant comic strip

No comments:

Post a Comment